Thursday, March 6, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup

I don't know if it's because it's been so chilly and windy here lately or not, but I have been craving homemade chicken noodle soup. I found a great recipe on a blog from a cooking board I lurk on - Elly Says Opa! She has some other really great recipes on there, so check it out if you get a chance!

I had to change it slightly, and here is my version. Please see Elly's site for her version.

Chicken Noodle Soup
2 Tbsp. butter
1 handful onion, diced
1 handful baby carrots, sliced
2 stalks of celery, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
64 oz. chicken broth
1 Tsp. dried parsley
1 lb. cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
5 oz. (about 1.5 cups) uncooked egg noodles
fresh ground pepper, to taste
In a large stockpot or dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes before adding the celery and carrots. Continue cooking a few more minutes before adding the garlic. Stir until fragrant.

Add the chicken, broth, parsley and ground pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and then reduce. Simmer lightly for 30 minutes.
Add the noodles and simmer until cooked, about 8 minutes.





It was delicious and I can't wait to have some leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

On another note, the bake sale at Josh's office is today, and I ended up making star-shaped chocolate lollipops instead of the Oreo truffles because I just couldn't get them coated correctly! The lollipops are really cute though and I made them with regular milk chocolate, white chocolate and purple white chocolate. I have a few left if anyone wants me to send them one!

No comments: