So, our "chips" came out of a bag and were baked. And I didn't have cod, so I used tilapia. And I didn't have any ketchup and didn't think to get the vinegar out. Not to mention that I didn't serve them in newspaper.
Ok, so we had fish and french fries. Sue me.
I made the batter from scratch though!
Mix an egg and some fizzy club soda together.
Mix some flour, salt, pepper and seasoned salt together. Add in egg/club soda mixture and stir.
Coat fish filets with flour. Dip in batter. Repeat. Add to hot pan of oil without getting burn marks on your arms. Flip.
Done.
Josh surprisingly wasn't impressed. I think it was too bland for him.But he ate it.
I think he'd like it more while in England, wrapped in newspaper and on our way to see Top Gear live... We'll see if we can ever make that happen.

No comments:
Post a Comment