Since my grandmother has been living with my parents for over a year, the family decided that it was time to divide up some of her things, and distribute them so that no one family was stuck housing them all.
In addition to a few other small things, I received my great-grandmother's crystal water glasses (I will post photos later) and several cookbooks, including Better Homes and Gardens Heritage Cook Book, published in 1975 and the Good Housekeeping All-American Cookbook published in 1987. These both seem really old to me! I'm excited to try a few recipes from each, but they were well before the time when people were concerned about eating healthily, and it shows! Some of them remind me of Julia Child's love of butter and cream - so rich and fatty!
But unfortunately, it will be at least a week before I get to try any of them! I leave today for Virginia to see a friend, return Sunday evening and leave Monday morning for a work trip to Delaware. Only to return on Tuesday and leave again on Thursday for Ocean City, Maryland for a vacation.
Hopefully this weekend in Charlottesville, however, I'm going to learn to make a risotto that isn't a sticky mess thanks to a friend. Plus, I'll get a chance to visit some nice wineries in VA, and I'm pretty excited about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
well, i will keep stalking your blog in case you get on here, but i hope your travels with your new job go well!!
Post a Comment