Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Only the best.

Josh will eat one kind of steak no matter how many times it is offered to him - filet mignon.

Especially if I am the one preparing it. I picked up this recipe the first time I purchased filets from L.D. Weaver Meats at the Farmer's Market. They had this on a card on their counter, and I swear by it!


1 lb of filets (usually 2)
4 tablespoons melted butter
salt and pepper to taste


Heat oven to 425 degrees, place filets in shallow baking dish with melted butter and turn until coated. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 25 minutes, turning and basting frequently.


They turn out perfectly every time.


I also made Josh's favorite Ranch potatoes (see potatoes label) and green beans with bacon for me.


I chopped up 2 pieces of bacon, sauteed them in a small pan on the stove top, added some onions, sauteed them as well, then added about 1 cup of chicken broth, and several handfuls of green beans. (Love 'em!) Season with salt and pepper, and boy are they yummy!



No comments: